Sunday, December 17, 2006

Spring 2006

In the Spring of 2006 I had a chance again to look at the whole Rails philosophy. This time though, it was more with a strategy slant, looking at the Getting Real book.

It had several insights that I could easily relate to. I have always been for agile development and we have strived for that.

The key point though, with Rails methodology to design, was the concept of Opionated Software. You basically have to set some constraints around your beliefs of how an application should run.

And Rails takes this philosophy into the application development arena.

So at the time, I just took these points more as strategic thinking exercises. I had this nagging feeling that this technology fad might just implode.

My exposure with Rails would be delayed even more.

No comments: